Lenovo ThinkSystem ST550
The ThinkSystem ST550 is a high-performance dual-socket tower server based on the new Intel Xeon Processor Scalable Family, supporting a wide range of processors to suit a wide range of budgets and application requirements.
Intel Xeon Bronze 3106 (Octacore). 1.7GHz, 16GB, 2x2TB Enterprise SATA 3.5″ Simple Swap Bay SATA Integrated RAID 0,1, 5, Dual Power Supply, X Clarity Controller Std Lenovo XClarity Administrator 3 Years Onsite warranty, by default Window Server r2 Standard 2012(optional).
Scalability and performance:-
The Lenovo ThinkSystem ST550 ST550 offers the following features to boost performance, improve scalability, and reduce costs:
- Improves productivity by offering superior system performance with up to two processors, each with up to 20 cores, and core speeds up to 3.6 GHz.
- Hyper-Threading Technology to maximize the concurrent execution of multithreaded applications, available with most processors.
- Intelligent and adaptive system performance with energy-efficient Intel Turbo Boost Technology, available with most processors, allows CPU cores to run at maximum speeds during peak workloads by temporarily going beyond processor thermal design power (TDP).
- Intel Virtualization Technology integrates hardware-level virtualization hooks that allow operating system vendors to better use the hardware for virtualization workloads.
- Intel Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (AVX-512) enable acceleration of enterprise-class workloads, including databases and enterprise resource planning (ERP).
- Each processor has six memory channels with memory speeds of up to 2666 MHz to help maximize system performance.
- Up to 768 GB of memory capacity with 64 GB load-reduced DIMMs (LRDIMMs).
- The 12 Gbps SAS internal storage connectivity doubles the data transfer rate compared to 6 Gb SAS solutions to maximize performance of storage I/O-intensive applications.
- Flexible storage configurations support either 2.5-inch or 3.5-inch hot-swap drive bays or a combination of the two (hybrid configuration). Configurations with 3-5-inch simple-swap drive bays are also available.
- Up to 16x 2.5-inch drive bays with two 5.25-inch media drive bays available
- Up to 20x 2.5-inch drive bays with the media bays converted to 4x 2.5-inch drive bays
- Up to 8x 3.5-inch drive bays with two 5.25-inch media drive bays available
- Up to 8x 3.5-inch + 4x 2.5-inch drive bays with the media bay conversion
- Up to 8x 3.5-inch simple-swap drive bays
- 3.5-inch drive bays support SAS and SATA HDDs and SSDs. 2.5-inch drive bays support SAS and SATA HDDs and SSDs, as well as NVMe drives.
- Support for up to four NVMe PCIe SSDs in a 2.5-inch form factor maximizes drive I/O performance, in terms of throughput, bandwidth, and latency.
- Scalable internal storage configurations provide for up to 95.4 TB of storage capacity using 8x 10TB 3.5-inch HDDs and 4x 3.84TB 2.5-inch SSDs.
- The use of solid-state drives (SSDs) instead of, or along with, traditional hard disk drives (HDDs) can significantly improve I/O performance. An SSD can support up to 100 times more I/O operations per second (IOPS) than a typical HDD.
- New high-speed RAID controllers from Broadcom provide 12 Gb SAS connectivity to the drive backplanes. A variety of RAID adapters are available, with cache up to 4 GB and support for 20 drives on a single controller.
- Supports a new Lenovo patented-design M.2 adapter for convenient operating system boot functions. Available M.2 adapters support either one M.2 drive or two M.2 drives in a RAID 1 configuration for greater boot drive performance and reliability.
- The server has two integrated Gigabit Ethernet ports.